How to Apply
Potential participants must meet in person with a registered Application Assistant to apply for the Safe at Home program. Application Assistants are located throughout Missouri in agencies and nonprofit programs that provide counseling, referral, shelter or other specialized services to victims of domestic abuse, rape, sexual assault, human trafficking or stalking. Please call Safe at Home or access the Find an Application Assistant section of this website.
Application Assistants will:
- Explain program services and participant responsibilities;
- Work with victims to integrate the Safe at Home program into their overall safety plan;
- Provide application forms and assist potential participants with the completion;
- Provide the applicant the opportunity to register to vote through the Safe at Home program;
- Forward the completed application to the Safe at Home office; and
- Assist the applicant without discriminating on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or mental, physical or sensory disability.