Missouri State Plan Committee Minutes
February 26th Meeting
Judy Taylor, Tom Herbst, Jim Sears, Bob Nichols, Stan Whitehurst, Glenda Mott, Cindy Beale, Diane Golden, Dennis Miller, Brian Wekamp, Erica Stephens, Trent Summer
- Opening and Introduction
- Handed out copies of existing polling place accessibility laws in Missouri, handed out copies of laws.
- Discussed various problems the disabled have accessing polling places.
- Discussed problems local election authorities have trying to find sufficient polling places that are accessible.
- Discussed equipment and potential requirements.
Agreed that before next meeting, the group will have compiled two surveys:
- Local Election Authority Survey: will give the committee an idea of the status of each jurisdictions polling place accessibility and the steps needed to align with HAVA requirements.
- Assisted Living/Disability Survey: will survey disabled from across Missouri to determine the most common obstructions to full accessibility.