Download the Employment Application
To our applicants with disabilities: If you need assistance with this or any phase of the employment process, please contact our Human Resource Office at (573) 522-6254. Reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate your needs.
$2,054 to 2,193/month
James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center
600 West Main St.
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Business Services Division
This employee has contact with state employees, officials of other agencies, and the general public. This position directly reports to the Corporation Supervisor.
Job Functions and General Responsibilities:
This employee is responsible for the various filings within the Business Services Division. Therefore, this person is required to gain a working knowledge of several different chapters of Missouri Statutes as they relate to business entities and filings. Additionally, this person will be responsible for processing documents received from the Governor's Office, apostilles and certifications, as well as election documents and certificates. Most tasks will require the use of a PC (including Windows and Microsoft Word) and the filing software known as Knowledge Base (KB). This employee also answers telephone inquiries on a regular basis, assists walk-in customers, and assists employees from the satellite offices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The person filling this position must be able to work well with others and have excellent communication skills. The high volume of work associated with this position requires the successful applicant to be well organized and able to complete their work consistently and accurately. This person will also need to perform all other duties or special projects as assigned by the Corporation Section Supervisor or the Director of Corporations.
- College degree preferred, minimum GED or graduate from accredited high school.
- Computer typing, filing and clerical skills.
- Excellent communication skills with experience interfacing both orally and in writing with the general public.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining accuracy.
- Excellent organization skills, the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well with fellow employees.
- Ability to read and comprehend Missouri statutes in reference to Business Services Division.
- Must be willing to accept additional responsibilities and to assist in other areas as shift workloads require.
- Must be self-motivated and conversant in numerous statutory sections of Corporate Laws.
Position posted June 12, 2013. The minimum posting period will end June 26, 2013. After the minimum posting period, the position may be closed to new applicants and filled at any time.
Application materials (cover letter, resume, completed application) may be mailed to: Attention: Technician II, Human Resources, Office of the Secretary of State, P.O. Box 1767, Jefferson City, MO 65101. EOE.