Download the Employment Application
To our applicants with disabilities: If you need assistance with this or any phase of the employment process, please contact our Human Resource Office at (573) 522-6254. Reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate your needs.
$2,136 – 2,205 / month
Business Services Division
- This employee has contact with state employees, officials of other agencies, and the general public. This position reports to the Field Operations Director; and supervision is of a general nature through designation of program and functional areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for processing various documents in the Business Services Field Office
- Extended working knowledge of several different chapters of Missouri Statutes as they relate to the formation of business entities
- Required to handle filing fees and balance money received with the charges for the services done that day
- Familiarity with, or the ability to be thoroughly conversant in numerous statutory sections of corporate law
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Field Office Director and the Deputy Director of Business Services
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with coworkers, agency officials, the general public, and others
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as a team
- Proficient with the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office software
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to clearly communicate with the public, in person or by telephone
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining accuracy and an attention to detail in processing business transactions and filings
- Must be flexible and well organized in order to accomplish the assigned tasks expediently and with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, procedures, and policies
- Must be willing to accept additional responsibilities as assigned and to assist in other areas as shifting work loads require
High School diploma or equivalent is required. College graduate with a degree in a business related field is preferred. Experience in customer service or working with the public preferred. Relevant work experience may be substituted for the educational requirement.
Position posted 08/29/2013. The minimum poting period will end: 09/15/2013. After the minimum posting period, the position may be closed to new applicants and filled at any time.
Application materials (cover letter, resumes, completed applications) may be mailed to: Attention: Technician III, Human Resources, Office of the Secretary of State, P.O. Box 1767, Jefferson City, MO 65102. Hrmain@sos.mo.gov. EOE.