WHEREAS, many Missouri citizens, including employees of the State of Missouri, have experienced the loss of personal property and subsistence due to the 2007 flood; and
WHEREAS, it is the mission of the State of Missouri to maintain or improve the quality of life for the people of the State of Missouri; and
WHEREAS, many employees desire to help their fellow employees who are in need of assistance due to such loss; and
WHEREAS, it is in the best interests of the services and programs of the State of Missouri to encourage teamwork and feelings of mutual concern and support among employees; andNOW, THEREFORE, I, Matt Blunt, Governor of the State of Missouri, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the State of Missouri, do hereby order that the Departments and Agencies of the Executive Branch of Missouri State Government are authorized to adopt a program by which employees may donate a portion of their accrued annual leave (vacation) benefits to other employees who have experienced personal loss due to the 2007 flood or employees who volunteer to participate in a flood relief effort regardless of whether those employees have balances.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that this leave-sharing program adopted under this order will adhere to the following terms and limitations:
- Only annual leave as defined by Section 1 CSR 20-5.020(1) of the Rules of the Personnel Advisory Board may be donated.
- Recipient employees must have experienced a loss of personal property and/or subsistence, or be volunteers in a flood-relief effort.
- Donations will be made to a departmental or agency donation pool established specifically for this purpose rather than from individual to individual.
- Departmental policy will establish a method for determining the eligibility of persons who apply for annual leave benefits from the donation pool.
- Eligible employees will receive an equitable share of the annual leave from the available donation pool.
- All donations of annual leave shall be voluntary. Individual leave records are confidential, and only individual employees may reveal their donations or receipt of annual leave.
- This authorizaiton for a donated annual leave program shall cover only situations created as a result of the 2007 flood, and shall automatically expire June 7, 2007.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Missouri, in the City of Jefferson, on this 7th day of May, 2007.
[Matt Blunt's signature]
[Robin Carnahan's signature]
Secretary of State