To fulfill its mission, the Missouri State Library’s Reference Services staff:
- Subscribes to information databases which provide valuable resources for state government.
- Provides research assistance using information in various formats.
- Prepares current awareness services to provide information for state employees.
- Coordinates a program of outreach services to state employees on Missouri State Library services and provides training in the use of electronic resources.
- Maintains a print collection of books, journals and newspapers. Using your Library Card
- Provides access to more than 18 million items through the MOBIUS consortium, a state-wide Missouri library borrowing system.
- Supports an interlibrary loan service to access materials not available in the Missouri State Library collection in accordance with copyright law.
- Manages the Missouri State Publications Access Program to provide a trusted digital repository for publications created by state government with Internet access to the full text of these publications.
- Provides bibliographies of research sources on current legislative topics and concerns.
- Provides a collection of federal documents carefully selected to meet the needs of state government.