FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, February 03, 2014
Contact: Kevin Flannery, (573) 526-0949
Kander Invites Public to Join the Missouri State Archives for Live-Streamed Sessions of RootsTech Genealogy Conference
Jefferson City, Mo. — Secretary of State Jason Kander today invited the public to join the Missouri State Archives, a division of his office, for 15 live-streamed sessions from RootsTech, one of the nation’s premiere genealogy conferences. Held each year in Salt Lake City, RootsTech brings together genealogists of all ages to use technology to discover and share family stories and connections.
"This conference provides an exceptional opportunity for both amateur and experienced genealogists to develop new skills and knowledge," Kander said. "I encourage family historians across the state to join us at the Missouri State Archives or tune in from home for these educational sessions."
The viewing hosted by Kander’s office will take place at the Missouri State Archives at 600 W. Main St. in Jefferson City. Missourians wishing to view the conference’s sessions from their own computers may watch online at www.RootsTech.org.
The live-streamed sessions include:
Thursday, February 6
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m., Top 10 Things I Learned About My Family from My Couch
- 2–3 p.m., FamilySearch Family Tree: What's New and What's Next
- 3:30–4:30 p.m., Intro to DNA for Genealogists
- 5–6 p.m., Genealogy in the Cloud
- 6–7 p.m., Sharing Your Family with Multimedia
Friday, February 7
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m., Storytelling Super Powers: How to Come Off as Your Family's Genealogy Hero
- 2–3 p.m., Tweets, Links, Pins and Posts: Break Down Genealogical Brick Walls with Social Media
- 3:30–4:30 p.m., Getting the Most Out of Ancestry.com
- 5–6 p.m., Finding Family and Ancestors outside the USA with New Technologies
- 6–7 p.m., Do It Yourself Photo Restoration
Saturday, February 8
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m., Become an iPad Power User
- 2–3 p.m., Information Overload: Managing Online Searches and Their Results
- 3:30–4:30 p.m., A Beginner's Guide to Going Paperless
- 5–6 p.m., How to Interview Yourself for a Personal History
- 6–7 p.m., Five Ways to Do Genealogy in Your Sleep
Registration for this event is not required, but seating will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Attendees are welcome to sit in on as few, or as many, sessions as they like. For more information, please contact the Missouri State Archives at (573) 751-3280 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit www.sos.mo.gov to learn more about the Office of the Missouri Secretary of State.
« view more News Releases