Wolfner :: Wolfner Publications :: Wolfner News :: Wolfner News Winter 2009
Wolfner News Winter 2009
Robin Carnahan, Secretary of State
Join us for Wolfner Library’s Adult Winter Reading Program
“Getting to Know You”
Earn points for prizes by doing something you love: reading! Register for Wolfner Library’s Adult Winter Reading Program, “Getting to Know You.” The focus of “Getting to Know You” is biographies and autobiographies. Our talented Reader Advisors will create book lists of biographies and autobiographies of all sorts of interesting people. Here are the categories:
- Adventurers and Explorers
- African Americans
- Ancient History
- Disability Bios
- Founding Fathers
- Modern Musical Bios
- Nobel Peace Prize Winners
- Scientist Bios
- Sports Figures
- United States Presidents
The Top 5 patrons who read the most digital or braille books during the program will be entered in a drawing for five grand prizes, which include a unisex talking watch and a Wolfner Library hooded and zippered sweatshirt.
All other patrons who have read 12 or more digital or braille books during the program will be entered into a general prize drawing.
If you haven’t already gotten a digital player, call your Reader Advisor today to have one sent to you. They are easier to use than cassette players and have the best sound quality ever. Plus, digital books do not have to be rewound! Order digital books or download them from the Web, or both, because any digital book you read counts in the “Getting to Know You” Adult Winter Reading Program.
Thank you to the Library Users Group of Missouri for generously providing the prizes for the “Getting to Know You” Adult Winter Reading Program!
- “Getting to Know You” starts on January 20, 2010 and ends on March 31st, 2010.
- Registration for “Getting to Know You” begins on January 20, 2010 and continues throughout the program.
- Patrons must be 18 years of age or older to participate in “Getting to Know You.”
- To qualify for the prize drawing, you must read a minimum of 12 books during the program.
- The final date to tell your Reader Advisor the total number of books you read is: March 31, 2010.
- Drawings for all prizes will be held on April 6, 2010
The “Getting to Know You” Adult Winter Reading Program is your chance to earn prizes for great winter reading, so get ready, get set, and read!
Digital players are flexible
Digital players are the simplest, most flexible players to use. All you have to do is push one cartridge into the player, and the book will play. The sound quality is better than ever before, and digital players allow you to place bookmarks and even set a “sleep” mode to tell the player when to turn off. Best yet, there is nothing to rewind with digital books. That’s right: there is no rewinding with digital books. Call your Reader Advisor today to get your digital player. You’ll be glad you did!
Finding Digital books in WolfPAC
Wolfner Library’s Online Catalog
If you’re one of our many patrons who have fallen in love with the digital player, and you want to know what digital books are available, just search WolfPAC, Wolfner Library’s online catalog.
- When you are logged in to WolfPAC, type a keyword, title, author or subject into the search box
- If you want to know what digital titles we have available for immediate loan, select the “Availability” drop-down arrow and select “Titles with Available Items”
- Next, go down to “Search Options” and select the “Media” drop-down arrow for a list of media types
- Finally, select “Digital” from the list of media types and submit the search
Your search results will all be digital books!
It’s as easy as that. Enjoy reading your digital books in players with better sound, more flexibility, and no rewinding!
Wolfner Library Staff Listing
Richard J. Smith
Director of Wolfner Library
Coordinator of Volunteers
Special Services Librarian
Youth Services Librarian
Reader Advisor A-Co
Reader Advisor Cp-G
Reader Advisor H-L
Reader Advisor M-R
Reader Advisor S-Z
Reader Advisor Institutions