ONLINE BUSINESS REGISTRATION AND FILING SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE OVER THANKSGIVING BREAK
The Business Services online filing system will be converted to a more secure, modern online filing and payment service during the Thanksgiving break. The implementation of this new system includes the conversion of tens of millions of files, so we appreciate your understanding of the temporary inconvenience.
You may continue to file online until 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 26. The Secretary of State’s Office will begin the conversion process after 5 p.m. on Nov. 26 and will re-open for normal online and in-person business on Monday, Dec. 2.
We appreciate your patience as we modernize and enhance our filing and payment system, and look forward to its implementation.
Tuesday, Nov. 26 - Last day to file using current system. Online and in-person filings will be accepted until 5 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 27 - Online or in-person filing not available
Thursday, Nov. 28 - Thanksgiving - Office Closed - Online or in-person filing not available
Friday, Nov. 29 - Office Closed - Online or in-person filing not available
Saturday, Nov. 30 - Online or in-person filing not available
Sunday, Dec. 1 - Online or in-person filing not available
Monday, Dec. 2 - Office resumes normal operations. New system will be available for online and in-person transactions
ONLINE FILING AND PAYMENT SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
- Business Entity Search appears at the top of every page within the system
- Process of new business registration is simplified and streamlined
- Reduces chance for error - when registering a business entity, only documents for that particular business type are available for submission
- Requesting certified copies of documents is easy
- Great readability on mobile and tablet