WHEREAS, as Governor of the State of Missouri, I, CHRISTOPHER S. BOND, desire to enhance the quality of life in Missouri in all social, economic, cultural and educational aspects; and
WHEREAS, the Spanish speaking residents of the state have special needs and concerns upon which Missouri should focus attention.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, CHRISTOPHER S. BOND, GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the State of Missouri, do hereby establish the Governor's Advisory Council on Hispanic Affairs, ad hoc.
FURTHER, the Council shall be comprised of fifteen members, appointed by the Governor, who shall be knowledgeable about and concerned with solving the problems of Spanish speaking people in Missouri, one of whom shall be elected as chairman by the members.
FURTHER, I declare that the Council shall perform the following functions:
- To make recommendations to the various departments of state government, through the Director of the Department of Consumer Affairs, Regulation and Licensing, on existing policies and programs relating to the needs of Spanish speaking people in Missouri;
- To advise the Director of the Department of Consumer Affairs, Regulation and Licensing, and the Human Rights Commission regarding the needs of Hispanic people;
- To advise the Department of Social Services concerning the unique needs of the Spanish speaking elderly in Missouri;
- To make recommendations to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education regarding curriculum programs for bilingual and bicultural studies; and to promote recruitment of teachers qualified to meet the special cultural needs of Spanish speaking people in Missouri; and
- To make such other recommendations to the Governor as the Council may from time to time desire regarding the needs of Spanish speaking people in Missouri.
FURTHER, the Council is assigned for administrative purposes to the Director of the Department of Consumer Affairs, Regulation and Licensing.
FURTHER, this order shall be effective immediately and shall terminate on December 31, 1982, unless the date shall be extended by Executive Order prior thereto.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Missouri, this 13th day of August, 1981.
[Christopher S. Bond's signature]
[James Kirkpatrick's signature]
SECRETARY OF STATE
Governor's Executive Orders documents are available on this website in the .pdf format. In order to view or print them, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. To download a free copy of Adobe Reader, click on the icon below.
NOTE: If you are experiencing problems opening PDFs using IE8, please place the mouse over the selected PDF, right-click then select Open in New Tab or Open in New Window.