WHEREAS, the state of Missouri must continually assess opportunities for improving its cash management operations; and
WHEREAS, advances in systems technology, breakthroughs in electronic commerce, and innovations in recognized industry practices necessitate an evaluation of existing state laws, rules, and procedures that presently govern state cash management operations; and
WHEREAS, the state should develop a comprehensive cash management plan in order to optimize the effective administration of state funds for the benefit of the citizens of Missouri; and
WHEREAS, the plan should identify and address opportunities available to improve the ability to manage the state's cash position and enable the state to respond to and serve citizens in an efficient manner, while being sensitive to overall state operating costs; and
WHEREAS, the plan should provide the framework for implementing a coordinate effort among state entities to identify and address current and future cash management issues.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Mel Carnahan, Governor of the State of Missouri, by virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 44.100, RSMo, 1994, do hereby establish a State Cash Management Task Force.
- The task force shall be comprised of the State Treasurer, the Commissioner of Administration, the Director of Revenue, and two private sector representatives, appointed by the Governor, who have demonstrated leadership and expertise in the field of cash management.
- The Governor shall select a chairperson to assume the organizational and administrative responsibilities relative to the operations of the task force in meeting its defined objectives.
- The task force shall independently define the methods and procedures to be followed in developing a comprehensive cash management plan for the state, that is consistent with the fundamental objectives identified herein.
- Task force members shall receive no compensation for duties performed.
- Staff assistance for task force operations shall be provided as needed from designated state agencies upon the request of Task Force members.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Missouri, in the City of Jefferson, on this 31st day of January, 1996.
[Mel Carnahan's signature]
[Rebecca McDowell Cook's signature]
SECRETARY OF STATE