- About the Archives
- Contact Information
- Missouri State Archives - St. Louis
- Missouri History
Dedication of Missouri State Archives-St. Louis
Secretary of State Robin Carnahan, along with St. Louis Circuit Clerk Mariano Favazza dedicated the new Missouri State Archives-St. Louis branch on June 26, 2006. The Missouri State Archives-St. Louis is located in the St. Louis Globe-Democrat building at 710 N. Tucker.
This branch will serve as a home to the St. Louis Circuit Court Historical Records Project, an initiative to make over 4 million pages of circuit court records from 1804-1875 available to the public.
The records of the St. Louis Circuit Court were brought to light by a partnership between the offices of the Missouri Secretary of State and Circuit Clerk that began in 1999.
Preservation of the court’s earliest records (1804-1830) was designated an Official Project of the Save America’s Treasures program. An annotated guide to these 80,000 pages of court documents is available at the St. Louis branch.
The next set of records to be made available will be 227,000 pages of Civil War era documents. This effort, designated a “We the People” project by the National Endowment for the Humanities, should be completed before the war’s sesquicentennial.