PHOTOGRAPHS - RG110 DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
|RG110_01_24_0594 – A few men work in John Rowden’s flint clay bank 1.5 miles north of Leasburg in Crawford County on August 3, 1893.
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources (DNR) photograph collection is one of the earliest at the Archives. It dates back to 1890, and most of the images in the collection cover 1890-1922. The full collection ranges through the 1960s.
- Images from DNR Geology and Mines are available on our Missouri Digital Heritage website here. These cover various geological, industrial (mines, quarries) and water (springs, aquifers) sites in Missouri.
The Archives also maintains DNR’s National Register of Historic Places applications, many of which contain photographs.
- Applications for the National Register of Historic Places are on DNR’s website here. Photographs are usually at the end of these PDFs. For scans of the original photographs, contact the Archives.
- The Archives maintains images related to the Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record (HABS/HAER), but they are not available in a digital format.
The largest series of DNR photographs is the Land Reclamation / Abandoned Mine Lands series. These images are digitized, but are not online.
Contact the Archives with questions at (573) 751-3280 or [email protected].