Library :: Library Development :: Education
Education for Librarians, Library Staff & Trustees
- Training Opportunities: Register to participate in regional or online training opportunities provided by the Library Development division of the Missouri State Library.
- Recorded Webinars Archive: Archived recordings of webinars sponsored by the Library Development division of the Missouri State Library.
Missouri Library Training Discussion List: MoLibTraining is a moderated discussion list, sponsored by the Missouri State Library (MOSL). It provides a place for Missouri library staff to discuss continuing education needs and concerns, and share information and resources, as well as providing information from MOSL and MOSL partners about free continuing education experiences for Missouri public, school, academic and special library staffs.
- Library Skills (Continuing Education) A list of free continuing education opportunities for library staff from a variety of training providers compiled by the Wyoming State Library.
- Library Skills (Administration and Management)
Public Library Financial Management Resources (Library of Michigan): Includes a guide which covers basic accounting, revenues, expenditures, budgeting, financial reporting, audits, internal controls, and sample budgets and policies. There is also a series of short webinars on financial management topics pertinent to libraries.
- Library Skills (General)
ABLE (Idaho Commission for Libraries): The free, online Alternative Basic Library Education (ABLE) Program provides basic library knowledge and skills for staff members who have no formal education in library science. Courses cover technical services, collection development, and reference.
Library Learning Online (Idaho Commission for Library): The free, online Supplemental Alternative Basic Library Education (SABLE) program provides additional resources in library knowledge and skills for staff members who have no formal education in library science. This program is a supplement to the ABLE courses; however, they are not tied to the completion of the ABLE courses and concentrate on serving youth.
- Digital Storytime: Kids, Apps, and Libraries --Staff Training Module (Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction): A professional development course about the role of apps and devices in the lives of young children and their families. this is a free online tool designed for public library staff serving youth and other educators.
MOREnet Training Opportunities: A variety of technical training available to MOREnet members. The format and cost of the training varies. Topics include Windows Server Administration, Mobile Device Basics, Google Tools, Statewide Online Resources and other topics pertinent to the library community.
Technology Training Sources: Online instructor-led training and tutorials on the OCLC products, such as WorldCat, CatExpress and CONTENTdm.
WebJunction’s library-specific self-paced courses and webinars include topics such as customer service, library management, library services, marketing and messaging, technical services, technology, training and development and youth services. Courses are available for free to all library workers and volunteers across the United States.