Library :: Library Development :: Resources
Missouri State Library
- Missouri Library Staff Guide: This resource, developed through a collaboration between Reference Services and Library Development staff at the Missouri State Library, groups together pertinent and timely information of interest to public library directors and staff.
- Missouri Public Library Trustee Manual: Created by COSLA (Chief Officers of State Library Agencies) and updated for Missouri. This manual covers topics including Running Effective Board Meetings, Capital Project Management and the Role of the Board of Trustees.
- Missouri Adult Community Engagement (MOACE): A moderated discussion list sponsored by the Missouri State Library (MOSL). It provides a place for Missouri library staff to discuss adult patrons' needs and concerns and to share information and resources. This list will also provide information from MOSL and MOSL partners about free continuing education opportunities.
- Missouri Youth and Children (MOYAC): An unmoderated discussion list sponsored by the Missouri State Library, for staff providing children's and young adult services in Missouri public and school libraries.
- Missouri Library Training Discussion List: MoLibTraining is a moderated discussion list, sponsored by the Missouri State Library (MOSL). It provides a place for Missouri library staff to discuss continuing education needs and concerns, and share information and resources, as well as providing information from MOSL and MOSL partners about free continuing education experiences for Missouri public, school, academic and special library staffs
- Missouri Digital Equity: This site provides access to resources about technology, how to be safe and secure with it and understanding how to evaluate information found online.
- Disaster Preparedness and Recovery: Access to The Librarian's Disaster Planning and Community Resiliency Guidebook and Workbook to help librarians fulfill their role as information first responders.
DigitalLearn: This free, online portal offers lesson plans, presentations, handouts, and surveys, built by educators, that librarians can use to teach classes ranging from Microsoft Word to LinkedIn.
- Hotspot Lending
- Public Library Legal Framework: An independent study completed by Steven V. Potter, director of Mid-Continent Public Library. It explores the legal framework and constraints impacting public libraries in Missouri, including library boards, financials and other considerations.
Mid-America Library Alliance: MALA is a consortium offering courier service and continuing education.
Missouri Association of School Librarians (MASL)
Missouri Evergreen: A public library automation consortium with a shared online catalog based on the open-source Evergreen Software.
Missouri Library Association (MLA)
Missouri Public Library Directors (MPLD)
Missouri Public Library Standards
- Missouri Sunshine Law Booklet: Recent changes to the Missouri statutes, case law and Attorney General Opinions by category, information regarding records requests, and two sections of frequently asked questions.
MOBIUS: A consortium of academic, public, and special libraries providing a union catalog of library materials.
MOREnet: Provides Internet connectivity, online resources, technical support, videoconferencing services, and training to Missouri's K-12 schools, colleges and universities, public libraries, health care, state government, and other affiliated organizations.
- MOREnet Services Related to Edge Benchmarks and Assessment: Provides a crosswalk between services available to MOREnet members and the Edge Assessment benchmarks to assist libraries improve their technology resources.
Project ENABLE: Free, customizable training for library staff on serving persons with disabilities.
WebJunction: Provides a variety of training resources on library management, technology and services.