Share your reading experiences and gain insight while getting to know other readers from all across the state. Wolfner Library proudly offers multiple book clubs for your reading pleasure! Each book club will feature a different type of reading experience.
- Novel Reads is the general fiction book club.
- Big Ideas is a non-fiction book club.
- Good Books is a mild reads book club. The Good Books club will read fiction and non-fiction books that feature little-to-no sex, violence, or strong language.
- Patron Led is a focused book club. The first one will be focused on African-American literature.
All clubs will meet via Zoom.
How the club works:
Call Wolfner Library to register for the club or clubs you are interested in. Your books will be sent to you. We recommend registering at least two weeks in advance of your club meeting date.
1. Read the book for your club(s).
2. On the appointed day and time, call or login to Zoom. The login methods will be provided as part of the event reminders.
3. Once everyone is on the line, we will discuss the book we have read!
April 8 at 2 p.m. Novel Reads: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain DB053084; LP000020; BR011823
April 13 at 7 p.m. Evenings with Wolfner: The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg DB089990; BR022155
April 15 at 2 p.m. Good Books: The Giver by Lois Lowry DB037689; LP002272; BR051959
April 22 at 2 p.m. Big Ideas: Lady Blue Eyes: My Life with Frank by Barbara Sinatra DB076652
May 11 at 7 p.m. Evenings with Wolfner: The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides DB093996
May 13 at 2 p.m. Novel Reads: Shadows of Glory by Owen Parry DB058243
May 20 at 2 p.m. Good Books (mild reads): Loki, Where Mischief Lies by Mackenzi Lee DB097228
May 27 at 2 p.m. Big Ideas: Diamond Doris: The True Story of the World’s Most Notorious International Jewel Thief by Doris Payne DB097526
June 2 at 2 p.m. African American Literature: I Almost Forgot About You by Terry McMillan DB084792
June 8 at 7 p.m. Evenings with Wolfner: The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North DB078489
June 10 at 2 p.m. Novel Reads: Outlander by Diana Galbadon DB036535
June 17 at 2 p.m. Good Books: In Another Time by Jillian Cantor DB099523
June 24 at 2 p.m. Big Ideas: Time Travel: A History by James Gleick DB085888
July 8 at 2 p.m. Novel Reads: The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker DB080445
July 13 at 7 p.m. Evenings with Wolfner: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion DB078150; BR020455
July 15 at 2 p.m. Good Books: The Man Who Loved Clowns by June Rae Wood DB038004
July 22 at 2 p.m. Big Ideas: The Spy Who Couldn't Spell: A Dyslexic Traitor, an Unbreakable Code, and the FBI's Hunt for America's Stolen Secrets by Yudhijit Bhattacharjee DB086615