Wolfner :: Volunteer Intro :: Reviewer
Volunteer Work Description
Title: Audiobook Reviewer
Ensuring the quality of production for a recorded book .
- Satisfaction of providing a needed service.
- Experience in evaluating recorded material.
- Gaining knowledge of books and materials related to Missouri.
- Critique the accuracy of the narration against the text for recorded material prior to distribution.
- Critique the consistency of overall technical quality.
- Critique the artistic elements of the completed recording.
- Note clearly all errors, and where they occur in the text.
- Ensure that announcement and format standards are adhered to.
- Check labels to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to read print material easily.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to use a dictionary and other reference material, including online.
- Ability to acquire competence in handling audio playback equipment.
- Good command of the American English language.
- Sensitivity to artistic elements of spoken communication.
- High degree of discipline, motivation, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
Individual training in recording process
2 hours per week
Randy Wright, Director of Production and Special Projects