Tips for Using BARD
The following links provide useful information on using the various iterations of BARD.
Using BARD Online:
How to Complete a Download from BARD Online using JAWS 19 and Windows 10
Using BARD Mobile:
BARD Mobile for iOS/Apple:
Download BARD Mobile for iOS/Apple
Apple Accessibility Help for iPhone: Includes detailed VoiceOver instructions.
Apple Accessibility Help for iPad: Includes detailed VoiceOver instructions.
BARD User Guide, iOS, HTML
BARD User Guide, iOS, Braille
BARD Mobile for Android:
Download BARD Mobile for Android
Android Accessibility Help: Includes detailed TalkBack instructions.
BARD User Guide, Android, HTML
BARD User Guide, Android, Braille
BARD Mobile for Kindle Fire:
Download BARD Mobile for Kindle Fire
Kindle Fire Accessibility Overview
Kindle Fire Accessibility Help
Using BARD Express:
General Tips for Using BARD:
- Searching with the book number is the easiest way to locate known items.
- To search for a specific author, type their last name first then add a comma and the first name.
- If there is a middle name or initial, add that after the first name.
- To search for a book on two or more subjects, link each subject with the word "and."
- To search for a specific phrase or title, enclose the phrase or title in quotation marks.
- Boolean searches using "Not" does not work.
- To search for foreign language books, select the language from the "search by subject" feature to browse.