Library :: Library Development :: Funding Sources :: LSTA Grant Programs
Library Services & Technology Act (LSTA) Grant Programs
LIBRARY SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGY ACT (LSTA)
Secretary of State's office is pleased to offer Missouri libraries several opportunities to improve library service through the use of federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds. These grants are based on LSTA priorities and Missouri State Library goals as approved in our LSTA five-year and state fiscal year project plans:
A list of grant opportunities for the next round of grants is below. Please note application deadlines and project grant periods for the programs you are considering. Applications are welcome from public, academic, special, institutional and public school libraries in Missouri, although all grants are not available to all institutions. See the LSTA Grant Call Schedule to see open grant calls, deadlines and library eligibility.
Libraries should be aware that accepting an LSTA grant may require compliance with the Federal Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA). CIPA compliance will depend on the specific use of the LSTA funds awarded. If CIPA compliance is required, a grant recipient must certify that it has a policy of Internet safety that includes the operation of a technology protection measure (filter) with respect to any of the recipient’s computers with Internet access. The nature of the certification depends upon the type of library making application.
For more information regarding these program opportunities for your library, contact Regina Anderson, Grants Officer, at (573) 526-6734 or (800) 325-0131.
Trying to decide which grant will be the best for your project?
Take a look at our grants table that describes each grant program and the type of library that is qualified.
LSTA Grant Application Forms
LSTA Application Certification Forms
LSTA Grant Report Forms
- Amendment Request Form for LSTA Grants
- Author Visit Final Report - Due date varies
- Show Me Steps to Continuing Education Final Report - Due date varies
- Show Me Steps Group Training Events Follow Up Report - Due date varies
- Procurement Certification Form
- Racing to Read Grant Second Interim Report - Due December 28, 2018
- Spotlight on Literacy Grant Second Interim Report - Due December 28, 2018
- Technology Ladder Grant Second Interim Report - Due December 28, 2018
- Technology Mini Grant Final Report - Due April 30, 2019
- Summer Library Program Interim Report - Due May 1, 2019
- Digital Imaging Grant Final Report - Due May 31, 2019
- Library Service Improvement Grant Final Report - Due May 31, 2019
- Racing to Read Grant Final Report - Due May 31, 2019
- Spotlight on Literacy Grant Final Report - Due May 31, 2019
- STEM Program Grant Final Report - Due May 31, 2019
- Technology Ladder Grant Final Report - Due May 31, 2019
- Summer Library Program Final Report - Due September 13, 2019
- Public Library Nonfiction Collection Development Grant Final Report - Due September 15, 2019
LSTA Online Grant Training Handouts
Other LSTA-Related Resources
State Library Grant Programs
documents are available on this website in the .pdf
format. In order to view or print them, you must
have Adobe Reader
installed on your computer. To download a free copy of Adobe Reader, click on the icon below.
NOTE: If you are experiencing problems opening PDFs using IE8, please place the mouse over the selected PDF, right-click then select Open in New Tab or Open in New Window.